Search For Posts

July 30, 2015

Practice Doesn't Always Make Perfect



They say that practice makes perfect but that isn’t the case. Sometimes we practice and get better and sometimes we practice and get nowhere. But then, the whole idea of perfect is a flawed one. I once spent a whole summer practicing golf. At the end of the summer, I wasn’t any better than I was at the beginning. I remember feeling so frustrated. I couldn’t understand what was happening, or not happening as the case may be. It wasn’t until sometime later that I realized that we have to practice right. If we are practicing wrong, we are doing more harm than good if we don’t realize it. If we want to be good at just about anything, we have to dedicate the time, dedicate the effort, and do things the right way. Practicing the teachings are no different. You cannot expect full-time results with part-time effort.